Whether it’s about lunch or dinner everyone likes to have some crispy, flavorful fish delight on their plates. That’s why we are here to help you out, in this article, we will learn how to prepare flavorful, crispy, and juicy Almond Crusted Halibut in your home kitchen. With the tenderness of protein-rich Halibut and richness of almonds, almond Crusted Halibut is one of the most loved comfort dishes of all time and will win your heart with its amazing flavor and texture.
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 4 pieces of skinless Halibut Fillets (nearly ¾ to 1 inch thick and patted dry)
- The required amount of salt.
- The required amount of Black paper.
- ½ cup of freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- ½ cup of finely chopped toasted almonds.
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten.
- 1 tsp of fresh thyme.
- 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- ½ tsp of onion powder.
- 2 tsp of finely grated Lemon Zest.
- ½ cup of extra virgin olive oil or vegetable oil(As per your preference)
- ½ tablespoon of Paprika.
- One tablespoon of unsalted butter.
- 1 finely chopped shallot.
- 1 tablespoon of finely chopped fresh tarragon leaves.
- 4 cups of green leafy salads of your choice.
Steps For The Recipe Almond Crusted Halibut Recipe
- Step 1: First, take a medium-sized bowl and add the unsalted butter, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, thyme, 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, 1 tablespoon of lemon zest, and the required amount of salt & paper into it. After that, use a spoon to mix all the ingredients nicely.
- Step 2: Now spread this Buttery mixture on the patted dry Halibut fillets and rub it gently on each side of the pieces. Then keep the fillets aside for at least 5 minutes so that the Halibut can absorb all the amazing flavors of the mixture.
- Step 3: At this point, take three moderate-sized bowls. Now in the first one add 1 cup of flour, a pinch of salt, and ground black pepper. Mix them well. In the second bowl take 2 lightly beaten eggs. Lastly, combine the chopped toasted almonds along with a pinch of salt and lemon zest into the third bowl.
- Step 4: Now, put the Halibut fillets into the flour mixture and cover it well with the combination. After that, dip the fillets into the egg. And, lastly, place the fillets that are glazed with egg, into the chopped almond mixture and coat it nicely with the crunchy toasted nuts.
- Step 5: At this stage put a heavy bottom frying pan over medium heat, add the olive oil into the pan and let the oil heat up. When the oil is heated enough add the almond coated fillets into the oil and fry it for some time or until the bottom side of the fish becomes crisp and golden brown. After that flip the Halibut and let the other side fry and be flaky and golden brown. However, fry each side of the Halibut fillets for about 4 to 5 minutes to cook it perfectly.
- Step 6: While frying the almond-coated Halibut fillets, take a small pot and add the remaining olive oil, lemon juice, pinch of salt, pepper, chopped shallot, and chopped fresh tarragon leaves into it and whisk all the ingredients together. Now take the green leafy salads into a large bowl and add an adequate amount of the vinaigrette mixture into it. Then toss the salads nicely to coat all the green leaves with the flavoring.
The Procedure Of Serving And Garnishing The Dish
- Take four plates and put an equal amount of green salads on each of them. Now place the Halibut fillets on the top of the leafy salads.
- Lastly, drizzle some amount of vinaigrette over each of the almond-crusted Halibuts and the dish is ready to be relished. You can also finish the garnishing with some chopped thyme.
Some Tips To Make Almond Crusted Halibut a Lip-Smacking Dish
- It’s very important to fry each side of the almond-coated halibut fillets for nearly 5 minutes or until it becomes golden brown to get a nice and crispy texture.
- You can keep the halibut fillets marinated with buttery seasoning for a longer time to achieve a more flavourful and juicy texture of the fish.
- You can also serve the Almond crusted Halibut with mashed potato and baked broccoli.
- If you are more conscious about health then instead of frying, you can also bake the dish for a healthy outcome.
I hope that this delicious meal will find a way to your plate. Fish is rich in all kinds of nutrients that our body needs. That is why it is important to eat it regularly. I always like to experiment with the fish and you can expect more recipes soon!