Tupperware rice cookers are one of the most hassle-free kitchenware to own. However, if you’re switching to rice cookers for the first time, you’d need to know how to use them.
So, what are the most essential Tupperware Rice Cooker Instructions?
- To cook Basmati rice in a Tupperware rice cooker add 1 cup of rice with 1 cup of water. Cook at high power for 5 minutes and medium power for 15 mins.
- Wild rice takes more time to be cooked in the rice cooker.
- Items like pasta, Quinoa, and couscous require less time to be cooked with the rice cooker.
That’s the sneak peak. We’ve got more details on the rice cooker recipes. So, join us in the full discussion!
Tupperware Rice Cooker Instructions – Safe, Easy, and Effective!
Tupperware rice maker is one of the most popular products from Tupperware. Although it’s a bit expensive, it makes the work a lot easier than cooking rice in a pressure cooker.
So, let’s talk about its specifications and key features to figure out what it offers!
- Brand: Tupperware
- Capacity: 3 liters
- Product Dimensions: 6.2″D x 8″W x 9.8″H
- Weight: 11.2 ounces
- Color: Purple
- Material: Plastic
- Lid Material: Plastic
- Style: Modern
- Included Components: Instruction Manual, Power Cord
- Voltage: 100 volts
- Unlike regular rice cookers, you can both cook and serve rice in this rice cooker.
- Cooking rice in microwave Tupperware is easy and mess-free to use.
- It’s suitable for cooking any type of rice, pasta, and similar food.
- The handle is quite sturdy and can be folded down or reattached when necessary. The grips on it are heatproof.
- It comes in three parts (base, cover, and insert) that need assembling.
The instructions for assembling the rice cooker are provided in the Tupperware rice cooker instruction booklet.
- The cover part is double-layered. It collects the steam and then channels it to the base. Thus it prevents spilling.
- It’s spacious. You can cook 3 liters worth of rice in it.
- It comes in two sizes, small and large. The Tupperware large rice cooker can provide 5-10 servings. The smaller size is for less number of servings.
- The material is BPA-free plastic.
You have to put glass Tupperware in the oven or in other kitchenware usually. But Tupperware rice cooker microwave, can both cook and serve.
You can cook any type of rice or similar foods with it. However, the process will vary a little depending on the type of rice you’re going to cook.
That’s why we’ve included the cooking instructions for the Tupperware rice cooker for different types of rice. Let’s begin!
How to Cook Basmati Rice in A Tupperware Rice Cooker?
The instructions for cooking Basmati or white-converted rice with a Tupperware rice cooker are the following.
Step-1: Rinse the rice with cold water and then place the rice in the Tupperware rice cooker container.
Step-2: Pour 237 ml or 1 cup of water into 1 cup of rice. Calculate the amount of water needed for the rice you’re putting in.
Step-3: Now, cook the rice in high power for 5 minutes.
Step-4: Stir the rice and lower the power level to 4 and cook for 15 minutes.
Step-5: After you’re done, keep the container closed for 5 minutes and then let the steam out and serve.
How to Cook Brown Rice in A Tupperware Rice Cooker
The steps for cooking brown rice with a Tupperware rice cooker are very similar to cooking Bashmati rice.
Step-1: First, rinse the rice properly with cold water and later place the rice in the rice cooker.
Step-2: Use 1 cup of water for 1 cup of rice. Use 828 ml if you’re using 3½ cups of rice. Measure the water amount accordingly.
Step-3: Cook the brown rice on high power for 5 minutes.
Step-4: Stir the rice and now adjust the power to medium level and cook for 40 minutes.
Step-5: Turn the power level to 4 and keep the rice cooking for 5 more minutes.
Step-6: Check if the rice has softened properly. Let the steam out and serve.
How to Cook Sushi Rice in A Tupperware Rice Cooker
Here’s how to cook sushi rice with a Tupperware rice cooker.
Step-1: Don’t rinse, unlike other types of rice. Sushi rice tastes better and stays sticky due to the starch.
Step-2: Use 1 cup of filtered water for 1 cup of rice. Use 296 ml for 1½ cups of rice. Using Tap water might be too harsh for sushi rice.
Step-3: Cook the sushi rice for 5 minutes on high power.
Step-4: After 5 minutes, set the power to medium level and cook for 15 minutes. Sushi rice
Step-5: keep the container closed for a few minutes and then serve.
Clean the sticky Tupperware after the cooking is done.
How to Cook Pasta in A Tupperware Rice Cooker
You can easily cook spaghetti, fettuccine, linguini, tagliatelle, and many other types of pasta in your Tupperware rice maker. Here are the instructions-
Step-1: Add the dry pasta to your rice cooker and fill it with water. For 100g of pasta use a litre of water to boil.
Step-2: Cook the pasta on high power for 10 minutes.
Step-3: After 10 minutes, stir the pasta and see how far it’s cooked. If it still needs to be softened then cook for 3-5 minutes more in medium heat.
Step-4: Drain the water and put your favorite pasta sauce and toppings to serve.
How to Cook Couscous in A Tupperware Rice Cooker
To cook this favorite Moroccan dish see the instructions below.
Step-1: Combine 1 cup of couscous with 1 cup of water in the Tupperware rice cooker. If it’s pearl or Israeli couscous then use 1 cup of water for 1 cup of couscous.
Step-2: Cook the couscous for 10 minutes on high power.
Step-3: Leave the cooked couscous in Keep Warm for 5 mins. Then proceed with further add-ons.
How to Cook Quinoa in A Tupperware Rice Cooker
To cook this favorite Moroccan dish with a Tupperware rice cooker see the instructions below.
Step-1: Rinse the quinoa first.
Step-2: Combine the quinoa with water and salt. For 1 cup of quinoa use 1 cup of water.
Step-3: Cook the quinoa on high power for 8 minutes.
Step-4: Let it stand for in Keep warm for 15 mins.
Step-5: wait for some minutes and use a fork to fluff it.
How To Use Tupperware Rice Cooker?
To use a Tupperware rice cooker properly, make sure to follow these guidelines-
- Add exactly the required amount of water for cooking rice or similar items. The general ratio of rice to water is 1:2.
- Keep the lids attached properly when cooking the rice.
- Lower the power level after 5 minutes of cooking at high power.
- Use a plastic or non-scratch utensil to stir, fluff, and serve the rice.
Cleaning and Maintaining Tupperware Rice Cooker
It’s advisable to clean the Tupperware rice cooker with cold water immediately after usage to prevent stains or odor.
Also, avoid using saffron, tomato sauce, curry, or strong-colored spices to avoid stains. Use a dishwasher to clean them. Avoid using any type of abrasive cleaner.
Safety Precautions with Tupperware Rice Cooker
Maintain a few safety precautions with Tupperware rice cookers. Here are the guidelines-
- Keep the temperature between 0-120C/32-248F. Do not exceed this temperature level.
- Don’t attempt to cook the rice without water.
- Do not overfill or inadequate amount of water.
- Do not add any greasy ingredients like oil, sauce, or milk. Use only water or broth.
- Don’t try making risotto or rice pudding using the rice cooker.
- Let the steam out for a few minutes after opening the lids. Otherwise, the steam might burn you.
- Make sure the power cord and socket stay dry all the time, etc.
Tips for Getting the Best Results
You can follow the tips below to get the best results-
- Closely follow the instructions mentioned in the manual
- Use an appropriate amount of water.
- Soak the rice overnight to improve the texture and flavor of the rice.
- Let the rice rest for a while after cooking is done.
- Fluff the rice to remove the stickiness
- Clean the rice cooker immediately after use.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
How to cook jasmine rice in a Tupperware microwave rice cooker?
Wash the Jasmin rice and place it in the rice cooker. Combine 1 cup of jasmine rice with 1 cup of water. For 1 ½ cup use 355ml water. Cook the rice on high power for about 5 minutes. Then lower the power to medium level and keep cooking for 15 minutes. Let it sit for a few minutes and then serve.
How to cook wild rice in a Tupperware microwave rice cooker?
Wash and rinse the rice. Now, place it in the rice cooker and add water. For 1 cup of wild rice, use 1 cup of water. For 3 cups of rice, use 710 ml water. Cook the rice at high power for the first 5 minutes. Then set the power to medium and keep cooking for 55 minutes. Wild rice takes longer to cook.
How to cook Textmati rice in a Tupperware microwave rice cooker?
Add 1 cup of rinsed Textmati rice with 1 cup of water. Cook the rice on high power for 5 minutes. Stir a few times, but it’s optional. After 5 minutes, cook the rice on medium power for 15 minutes. Let the rice sit for a while then stir and serve.
That was all the necessary Tupperware Rice Cooker Instructions we could put together for you. Read the manual booklet to learn about more features and usage details of the rice maker.
Make sure to use it with safety precautions. Place the rice cooker in an appropriate place and make sure the socket and power cord always stay dry.