A perfect dessert is something that never fails to give you guilty pleasure and a chocolate cake will always do so by increasing your dopamine rush. However, a perfect chocolate cake needs to be dense, moist, and rich with chocolate flavor. A nice and amazing, dense, moist chocolate cake is always a perfect delight to change your mood and make you cheerful. However, here in this blog, we will learn about the preparation process of this choco delight in OTG. With amazing cheesy chocolate frosting and the richness of the cake sponge, this dessert will win your heart. Let’s learn how to bake a cake in OTG!
How to use OTG for baking Cakes?
OTG stands for Oven Toaster Griller and it is quite like an old-fashioned traditional oven in which the baking is done with the heat of rods. This is a perfect appliance for toasting, grilling, and most importantly Baking. You will be amazed to know that baking a cake in OTG is better than the modern conventional microwave oven as the quality of cake baked in OTG is just as perfect as the product of a professional bakery.
OTG has different functional modes like Toast mode, Bake mode, or Grill mode, and undoubtedly while preparing cakes we have to choose the Bake mode. In Bake mode, only the bottom rods of the OTG will be heated up.
Process Of Baking A Cake in OTG:
- First, you have to preheat the OTG for 10 to 15 mins at 180°C.
- Make sure you are using a well-greased aluminum mold or tin for baking the cake. Steel can be used in OTG as well.
- In OTG, bake the cake for 30 to 40 minutes at around 180°C.
- Make sure you place the wire wrap in the middle of the appliance.
However, by using an OTG for baking you will get a perfect, well moist, soft, and fluffy light cake that will give you a happy baking experience.
▪Preparation Time: 20 minutes.
▪Baking Time: 35 minutes.
- 3 cups of all-purpose flour.
- 2 cups of Brown sugar.
- 1 cup of powdered sugar.
- 4 large eggs.
- 2 cups of milk.
- 1 cup of hot water.
- 1/ 2 cup of extra virgin coconut oil.
- 1 ½ cup of cocoa powder(unsweetened)
- 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter.
- 1 ½ teaspoon of baking powder.
- 3 teaspoons of baking soda.
- 1 ½ teaspoon sof alt(for balancing the sweetness)
- 1 tablespoon of coffee extract.
- ½ tablespoon of vanilla extract.
Ingredients For Chocolate Frosting:
- 1 cup of unsalted butter (softened)
- 1 cup of cocoa powder(unsweetened)
- 6 oz of cream cheese (softened)
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract.
- 7-8 cups of light brown sugar
- About 2 to 3 tablespoons of milk.
Step By Step Preparation Procedure Of A Delightful, Dense, and Moist Chocolate Cake in OTG
- First, Preheat the OTG at 180°C for 10 minutes.
- Then take an aluminum mold and place butter paper in it properly or you can grease the mold with butter nicely.
- Now, take a strainer and strain all the dry ingredients, which are flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Then put these dry ingredients into a large bowl and mix them nicely.
- After that, in another big bowl take the eggs, milk, coconut oil, vanilla extract, coffee extract, water, and other wet ingredients, and using a blender, combine them well until you get an even and fluffy mixture.
- Now gradually add the dry ingredients into the wet mixture and continue whisking.
- Whisk all the ingredients together for at least 5 minutes to get a lump-free cake batter.
- Now pour the cake batter into the aluminum mold and shake it slowly to make sure that there is no bubble.
- Now put the aluminum tin on the middle wire wrap of the OTG and bake it in bake mode for nearly 35 minutes. Using a toothpick prick into the cake and if it comes out clean that means the cake is done.
- Now flip the cake on a wire rack and let it cool down for 15 to 20 minutes.
The Preparation Process Of The Frosting:
- Take the melted butter and cheese into a medium-sized bowl and blend them well until you get a light and fluffy texture.
- After that add the cocoa powder and vanilla extract and continue beating.
- At last, gradually add the light brown sugar and blend them well.
- Add the required amount of milk to the mixture to get a perfect consistency of the frosting.
- Make sure that the frosting is not so runny, it needs to be a little dense.
Assembling and Decoration:
When the cake is fully cooled down, frost the outside of the cake with the chocolate frosting and spread it nicely all over it. You can also cut the cake horizontally into two layers and add the frosting in between the layers. However, Lastly, you can garnish this amazing chocolate cake with some dried rose petals.
Special Tips Regarding The Recipe and Baking of Cake in OTG
- While preparing the cake, instead of taking only all-purpose flour, you can mix 10 parts of all-purpose flour with 3 parts of cornflour as it will help you to prepare a more dense, light, and fluffy cake.
- If you want to make the cake dairy-free use soy milk or almond milk instead of the milk. You can also use buttermilk to make the cake light.
- If you don’t want to use egg in the recipe then take 4 tablespoons of yogurt and 1 tablespoon of vinegar instead of each egg.
- However, try to bake in OTG instead of a microwave oven as in the latter one the outer layer of the cake becomes a little harder.
- Always try to check whether the cake is baked or not by pricking the toothpick into the cake.
- In this cake recipe, you can also use vegetable oil or canola oil instead of coconut oil as they are more neutral regarding flavor, so it will not affect the flavor of the cake at all.
- For making the cake gluten-free you can use Buckwheat, Almond flour, Brown rice flour, millet flour, or other gluten-free cake mixtures available in the market instead of the all-purpose flour.
- You can keep the frosting in the refrigerator to make it a little thick.
Do you feel like you learned how to bake a cake in OTG? I sure hope so! Enjoy!